Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Latest Technological Gadget I Have Today


The latest technological gadget I have in my hands right now is the Wordtank by Canon. Simply put, it is an electronic dictionary.

As a Mass Communication student, this gadget is very advantageous to me. I use it whenever I am making written reports, essays and articles. It familiarizes me with alien words; it corrects my faulty grammar. It can also translate words from English to Japanese. When I am reading a book and there is a word I could not comprehend, I quickly grab the Wordtank and search for the meaning of the word. I use it wherever I am - whether at home or in school. It makes my writing and reading tasks easier and more efficient. I admit, life would be damn more difficult without this gadget.

The only disadvantage I can point out in my using the Wordtank is that I have grown dependent to it. Not entirely dependent, but I am finding it difficult to make my paperwork without it now. This, in my opinion, is one disadvantage every gadget has to its users.The contingency it imposes as an impact to the users is undeniable and unavoidable. The only solution now here is to prevent the addiction while the user can.

No comments:

Post a Comment